Subjectbinary ftrace buffer format
Hi!

For the past hour or so I've been trying to make Steven's rb-read.pl
script [1] work, but not only is it endian-challenged, working only on
LE, but also does it seems to have a different idea of the ring buffer
format, so even with fixes I can't get it to print proper data.

I'm convinced that it would be trivial to write a program to parse the
binary trace buffer, but I can't find a format description. Can somebody
point me to one please?

Oh and a tangential question -- that thing seems to work on pages, does
that mean I can't trace something larger than a page?

johannes

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/321777/