SubjectRe: smatch 1.53 released
Thanks for the description.

> So basically you grep for locking functions and you set the state
> based on that, then you grep for return statements and check that the

When you say "you" you mean smatch is doing that on its own
or does the user need to do that manually?

> Many of the locking false positives come from places where the unlock
> happens in a seperate function. It should be relatively straight
> forward to make a list functions to say that if frob_the_module()
> returns -12, or -14 that implies it unlocked a certain lock. I
> haven't done this yet.

How would one pass that list of functions to smatch?

I understand correctly that right now it's not inter procedural in its
analysis?

-Andi

  Last update: 2009-06-04 22:05    [W:0.173 / U:0.304 seconds]