SubjectRe: Merge Xen (the hypervisor) into Linux

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Christian Tramnitz wrote:

> What a great idea, and while we're doing this let's also drop support
> for legacy stuff like PATA and i8042 in mainline. Noone will need it
> anyway because their successors are on the market for years... let's
> just take it for granted that everyone is using SATA and USB nowadays!

Have you noticed how PATA and i8042 don't screw up anything else?

You're totally missing the problem. If Xen was a single driver thing, we
wouldn't have this discussion. But as is, Xen craps all over OTHER PEOPLES
CODE. When those people then aren't interested in Xen, why is anybody
surprised that people aren't excited?

Linus