SubjectRe: [Bug #13319] Page allocation failures with b43 and p54usb
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> We could add an option that disables debugging for troublesome page
> size slabs
>

> slab_debug=p
>
> or so

I definitely like that more than slab_debug=A, where we're requiring an
added parameter for full debugging to be activated.

I'm curious whether there would ever be any use for disabling debugging on
specific caches for reasons other than higher minimum orders for metadata,
though, given that we already support things like slub_debug=FZ,cache,
which should only enable free debugging and redzoning even with
CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON enabled for cache.

I think the solution to this is really based on good software engineering
and test practices, though, so hopefully there'll be a consensus on which
direction to take before any time is spent in implementing and pushing it.

  Last update: 2009-06-30 23:55    [W:0.200 / U:0.468 seconds]