    SubjectRe: Merge Xen (the hypervisor) into Linux
    Date
    Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > A lot of Xen legacies could be dropped: the crazy ring1 hack on
    > 32-bit, the various wide interfaces to make pure-software
    > virtualization limp along. All major CPUs shipped with hardware
    > virtualization support in the past 2-3 years, so the availability of
    > VMX and SVM can be taken for granted for such a project.

    What a great idea, and while we're doing this let's also drop support
    for legacy stuff like PATA and i8042 in mainline. Noone will need it
    anyway because their successors are on the market for years... let's
    just take it for granted that everyone is using SATA and USB nowadays!

    Best regards,
    Christian

      Last update: 2009-06-03 10:13    [W:0.020 / U:0.176 seconds]