    SubjectKsplice updates for Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty
    Hello,

    The Ksplice team [1] is now providing rebootless kernel updates for Ubuntu
    9.04 Jaunty to anyone who configures their machine to receive them [2].
    In short, users can click a few buttons and start getting all of the
    Ubuntu kernel security updates applied to their system without rebooting.
    No initial kernel changes are needed.

    [1] http://www.ksplice.com
    [2] http://www.ksplice.com/uptrack

    I first mentioned Ksplice to the LKML in April 2008 [3], and since then
    we've submitted several rounds of Ksplice patches [4,5,6]. So far we've
    gotten various improvements related to Ksplice merged into mainline.

    [3] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/23/330
    [4] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/13/6
    [5] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/11/21/484
    [6] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/12/5/330

    Ksplice applies traditional source code patches to unmodified Linux
    kernels. It can be used to apply all of the Linux security patches over
    multiple years [7], and it can also apply reliability patches and other
    bug fixes, such as from the Linux stable tree.

    [7] http://www.ksplice.com/paper

    - Jeff

      Last update: 2009-06-25 11:55    [W:0.049 / U:62.020 seconds]