SubjectRe: S+core architecture (arch/score/) support files
Date
On Tuesday 23 June 2009, Andi Kleen wrote:
> IMHO a full successfull LTP run should be minimal criterium for
> merging an architecture. That should catch most of the possible
> "simple" mistakes in the syscall ABI. I would suggest to wait to after
> this has been done.

I agree in general, but in this case the ABI is essentially defined
through the asm-generic headers, with the exception of the functions
that actually were tested before the change (sys_clone, sys_execve,
sys_rt_sigreturn and sys_sig).

We should certainly fix the asm-generic versions if there are some
unexpected problems found by LTP, but delaying the score merge
won't help that, because the interesting code is already there.

While I understand the argument against merging untested code
(that's why I mentioned it in the first place), I think in
this case it's not about the ABI and the code is obviously
self-contained enough to cause no harm to others.

Arnd <><

  Last update: 2009-06-23 15:59    [W:0.661 / U:0.048 seconds]