    Subjectmm: dirty page problem
    I wrote a test program. It  mmap  a file and do some write, so some
    pages become dirty.
    and then I do "cat /proc/meminfo", so I get dirty pages that I have
    written. this happened in my home
    computer with debian, self compiled kernel 2.6.18-5 installed.

    but in my company, on the servers (suse kernel, after the
    test program have written the data, there was no change in
    dirty pages column of "cat /proc/meminfo" 's output. after I killed
    the test program, the dirty pages changed immediately.

    I dont know why such different behavior, can you help me?

    becauce we want a program mmap some files, and after the files'
    contents were changed, the OS can write out these dirty
    data back to disk periodly.

    Best regards!
      Last update: 2009-06-23 10:21    [W:0.018 / U:7.032 seconds]