    SubjectRe: [regression, bisected] adb trackpad disappears after suspend to ram

    > So, it seems we lose and interrupt during resume and that confuses the
    > ADB controller driver or something like this. Do you use the keyboard or
    > the trackpad as a wake-up device?
    >
    > Please additionally try to go back to the original code, put
    > 'sleepy_trackpad = 1' at the beginning of do_adb_reset_bus() in
    > drivers/macintosh/adb.c and see if the problem is reproducible with that.

    Well, the ADB controller is also the PMU (drivers/macintosh/via-pmu.c)
    which is also the system controller, handles the actual sleep state,
    etc... :-)

    That code is a bit itchy around the edges. I'm not sure it would have
    lost an interrupt, that sounds more like losing an IRQ would have broken
    it completely but it's not -impossible- (especially if it's the external
    GPIO or CB1 interrupt that notifies of an incoming ADB message).

    I haven't managed to reproduce the problem yet here though. I'll see if
    I can with a titanium powerbook I have somewhere in storage that might
    be a bit closer to your machine than the wallstreet powerbook I've been
    using to test at work :-) My other powerbook test machine uses a USB
    trackpad.

    Cheers,
    Ben.

      Last update: 2009-06-02 06:53    [W:0.033 / U:4.292 seconds]