    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] percpu for 2.6.31

    * Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
    > Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Tejun Heo wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Please pull from percpu-for-linus git tree from:
    > > >
    > > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/percpu.git for-linus
    > >
    > > I'm very unhappy with this kind of crap.
    >
    > AFACIT none of these patches have ever been in linux-next. Half
    > or more of them turned up on the mailing list for the first time
    > two days ago and there's little evidence that anyone has even
    > looked at them.

    Hm, i've seen many of them (for months literally) and you were
    definitely Cc:-ed to all of them. The new bits (which i think you
    are referring to) are not included in this series - only the old
    bits.

    I even asked you about them a month ago, whether you'd want to pick
    Tejun's bits up into -mm because they are clearly generic VM patches
    and they seemed to be falling between the cracks for v2.6.31. I had
    two small bits of x86 relevant percpu patches which i'd gladly have
    bounced over to you.

    Btw., it will be a lot of work for Tejun to go through another 3
    months with a patch-set of this magnitude:

    and i suspect it will cause a fair amount of linux-next conflict
    resolution overhead as well. So Tejun, if you can get it tested
    please consider targeting it for this merge window still. I can
    help out with some -tip testig if you want.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-06-19 08:53    [W:0.021 / U:31.168 seconds]