SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] percpu for 2.6.31

* Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Tejun Heo wrote:
> > >
> > > Please pull from percpu-for-linus git tree from:
> > >
> > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/percpu.git for-linus
> >
> > I'm very unhappy with this kind of crap.
>
> AFACIT none of these patches have ever been in linux-next. Half
> or more of them turned up on the mailing list for the first time
> two days ago and there's little evidence that anyone has even
> looked at them.

Hm, i've seen many of them (for months literally) and you were
definitely Cc:-ed to all of them. The new bits (which i think you
are referring to) are not included in this series - only the old
bits.

I even asked you about them a month ago, whether you'd want to pick
Tejun's bits up into -mm because they are clearly generic VM patches
and they seemed to be falling between the cracks for v2.6.31. I had
two small bits of x86 relevant percpu patches which i'd gladly have
bounced over to you.

Btw., it will be a lot of work for Tejun to go through another 3
months with a patch-set of this magnitude:

and i suspect it will cause a fair amount of linux-next conflict
resolution overhead as well. So Tejun, if you can get it tested
please consider targeting it for this merge window still. I can
help out with some -tip testig if you want.

Ingo

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans