SubjectRe: problem with function_graph self-test?

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Jake Edge wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:24:18 -0400 (EDT) Steven Rostedt wrote:
>
> > Jake, when you find a bug, you really find a bug!
>
> heh, glad to be of service :)
>
> > This is something that gcc is screwing with us. After spending all
> > day today trying to figure out what is happening, I finally found it
> > in the assembly.
>
> is there something specific to my config that causes this to happen? I
> assume other folks are running the function_graph selftest under other,
> quite possibly more sane, configs without running into it ... or is it
> just something that most folks aren't running (i can't remember why i
> turned ftrace selftests on, other than, perhaps, general curiosity) ...
>
> you don't run into this under your "normal" configs?

I don't think it has anything to do with the config, it looks to be some
functions may do this wacky thing with the stack. If it does, and is
executed, then it will crash like this.

I think it has more to do with the latest gcc. I tried an older gcc and it
did not cause this issue.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2009-06-18 05:55    [W:0.071 / U:0.528 seconds]