SubjectRe: PC speaker beeps in 2.6.30?
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Frans Pop wrote:

> For me the system beep has been replaced by a beep in ALSA with .30.
>
> Do you have soundcard that uses HDA? Is CONFIG_SND_HDA_INPUT_BEEP set?
> Does alsamixer show a "beep" control? Is that not muted and does it have
> volume set?

I had this exact same problem. I ran make oldconfig and was never prompted
for the new HDA config options. I could be wrong, but I can't remember
make oldconfig behaving this way in the past (or maybe it resulted in
changes that didn't have any noticeable effect). Having to reconfigure
the kernel over not being prompted for a new config option which changed
established behavior was annoying to say the least.

  Last update: 2009-06-15 19:53    [W:0.055 / U:0.564 seconds]