SubjectRe: [GIT PULL v2] Early SLAB fixes for 2.6.31
Hi Nick,

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 11:41 +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
> Is this the agreed way forward? I would like to maybe continue to
> try having early allocations pass in special flags where possible
> (it could even be a GFP_BOOT or something). It can make it easier
> to perhaps reduce branches in core code in future and things can
> be flagged in warnings....
>
> I just like the idea of keeping such annotations.

I don't know if we agreed or not but Linus expressed his liking to the
masking patch (that is merged now).

I was more on the GFP_BOOT side also but I am beginning to like the fact
that we can just do GFP_KERNEL and expect that to work in a sane way
during boot (and perhaps later on during suspend). We can probably shave
off even more cycles for production configs if we push the masking down
to the page allocator so I am not sure if extra cycles are going to be a
real issue.

Pekka

  Last update: 2009-06-15 11:51    [W:0.430 / U:0.076 seconds]