    SubjectRe: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support
    On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Brian Swetland<> wrote:
    > On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Pavel Machek<> wrote:
    >> I still can't get it to boot :-(.
    > I think the cupcake userspace and the latest 2.6.29 kernel aren't
    > getting along.  I'm putting together instructions for building a
    > minimal userspace (what we call tiny android -- and what I use for
    > bringup and kernel testing), and once I've had a chance to verify that
    > everything works end-to-end with the latest kernel, donut branch, and
    > have verified this on ADP1, I'll send an update.  Probably some time
    > over the weekend.

    For anyone who wants a minimal android userspace image (handy for
    bringup and test on adp1, etc), I've thrown together a small project
    based on the android stack but including only the bare essentials
    (libc, libm, linker, init, shell, some commandline tools, adbd, etc):

    It's a much smaller checkout (~100MB), and builds much faster (~1
    minute or less on a modern, fast box), and will get you a ramdisk.img
    and a minimal system.img that play nicely with the android-msm-2.6.29
    kernel. Final images turn up in out/target/product/generic.

    I suspect it wouldn't be hard to just get something like a full
    arm-debian distribution booting, but that's not something I've ever

      Last update: 2009-06-13 09:09    [W:0.022 / U:4.524 seconds]