SubjectRe: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support
From
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Brian Swetland<swetland@google.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Pavel Machek<pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
>>
>> I still can't get it to boot :-(.
>
> I think the cupcake userspace and the latest 2.6.29 kernel aren't
> getting along.  I'm putting together instructions for building a
> minimal userspace (what we call tiny android -- and what I use for
> bringup and kernel testing), and once I've had a chance to verify that
> everything works end-to-end with the latest kernel, donut branch, and
> have verified this on ADP1, I'll send an update.  Probably some time
> over the weekend.

For anyone who wants a minimal android userspace image (handy for
bringup and test on adp1, etc), I've thrown together a small project
based on the android stack but including only the bare essentials
(libc, libm, linker, init, shell, some commandline tools, adbd, etc):
http://github.com/swetland/tinydroid/tree/master

It's a much smaller checkout (~100MB), and builds much faster (~1
minute or less on a modern, fast box), and will get you a ramdisk.img
and a minimal system.img that play nicely with the android-msm-2.6.29
kernel. Final images turn up in out/target/product/generic.

I suspect it wouldn't be hard to just get something like a full
arm-debian distribution booting, but that's not something I've ever
tried.

Brian