SubjectRe: 2.6.31 -mm merge plans
Amerigo Wang <amwang@redhat.com> writes:

> Al Viro wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:15:05AM +0800, Amerigo Wang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Al.
>>>
>>> Just as what I said in the description of that patch, one only has extern
>>> functions that are _only_ used in another as function pointers.
>>>

>> Er... So what? Amount of functions made static is not, per se, a
>> useful metrics of anything.
>>
> Not only about static, but also because they are used via function pointers.
>
> Logically, it is better for these functions used via pointers to be kept in
> the same file with the struct which holds these function pointers.

I am going to agree with Al here. array.c has a well defined function
and purpose. base.c is on it's way to becoming a dumping ground. The
only reason the functions in array.c are used directly in base.c is
that we don't have a way to dynamically register struct pid_entry's.

Given the number of ifdefs in base.c it looks like it could really benefit
from splitting up. I made it about half way there last time I was working
on proc.

Eric

  Last update: 2009-06-13 22:57    [W:0.054 / U:0.328 seconds]