    SubjectRe: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support
    Brian Swetland wrote:
    > On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Pavel Machek<pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
    >> Anyway, now I have a tree, and yes it compiles. (After some
    >> "interesting" questions; perhaps defconfig should be updated?)
    >>
    >> Unfortunately, upon fastboot boot uImage, it hangs with black screen
    >> and backlight on.
    >
    > You'll need to fastboot boot arch/arm/boot/zImage ramdisk.img
    >
    > Extracting the ramdisk.img from the boot.img in the boot partition on
    > an existing device is a pain. If you happen to have a cupcake
    > userspace built from source that ramdisk.img should be suitable. If
    > not, I'll try to dig up a suitable ramdisk image tomorrow -- it's just
    > init, init.rc, and adb, but it is necessary to boot.

    I found the tools located here:
    "HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Repack Boot Images"
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443994

    to be very helpful.

    I wrote a small wrapper script to extract
    the recovery image, substitute a new kernel, and re-install it
    on the ADP1, which I use for my own kernel testing. I can post
    it somewhere if people are interested.

    I use the recovery partition instead of the boot partition.
    I leave the boot partition alone since this thing is also my
    phone and when I'm done debugging I want to get back to
    the original code and config easily.
    -- Tim

    Tim Bird
    Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Corporation of America

      Last update: 2009-06-13 02:45    [W:3.754 / U:0.052 seconds]