SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 2.6.31-rc

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Chris Mason wrote:

> Existing filesystems will be upgraded to the new format on the first
> mount. All of your old data will still be there and still work
> properly, but I strongly recommend a full backup before going to the new
> code.

Auugh.

This is horrible. I just screwed up my system by booting a kernel on this:
it worked beatifully, but due to other reasons I then wanted to bisect a
totally unrelated issue. While having _totally_ forgotten about this
issue, even if I was technically aware of it.

.. so I installed a new kernel, and now it won't boot due to "couldn't
mount because of unsupported optional features (1)". In fact, I have no
kernel available on that system that will boot, since my normal "safe"
fall-back kernels are all distro kernels that can't boot this either.

Ok, so I'll end up booting from a USB stick, and it will all work out in
the end, but this does essentially make it entirely impossible to do any
bisection on any btrfs system.

Double-plus-ungood.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.072 / U:0.612 seconds]