    SubjectRe: [git pull] vfs patches, part 1
    On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 08:13:59PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Al Viro wrote:
    > >
    > > Please, pull from
    > > git:// for-linus
    > Done. Should I be expecting the posix xattr cleanups stuff too, or will
    > that be for the next merge window?

    Later in this one, after XFS merge. At least part of that - I've several
    patches sitting in local tree on top of vfs-2.6.git#acl, but I'm still
    not convinced that they are moving in the right direction. E.g. it's bloody
    tempting to merge the "how to pick ACLs for new object" logics, but
    journalling filesystems want to have handle/transaction id/whatnot for
    what would appear to be natural fs-specific callbacks. We can deal with
    that in obvious way (pass void *context, basically), but I want to look
    a bit more at the results before deciding if it's worth doing.

    Stuff in vfs-2.6.git#acl probably will go, but it has 3 cherry-picked
    changesets and at least XFS one should go in via XFS tree.

    There's other pending stuff as well (sysfs ->readdir(), etc.), so there'll
    probably be a couple of merges after this one.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-06-12 05:41    [W:0.020 / U:8.152 seconds]