SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Performance Counters for Linux
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>
>> so do you expect us to merge stuff like ip, iw, rfkill, crda, the WiMAX
>> tools, the Bluetooth ones and whatever we have that are all have the
>> same issues to be merged into the kernel source code as well.
>>

> No. Only stuff that I expect to be really close to hardware, and used for
> kernel purposes.

Whilst having no opinion on the matter, I can't help noticing that Ingo
said its "main focus is on measuring/profilig user-space apps" (sic), so
I think its use is not for kernel purposes. Coupled with Christoph's
observation that the tool is nowhere close to the hardware, it appears
neither of your two criteria apply to this.

  Last update: 2009-06-11 20:07    [W:0.149 / U:0.868 seconds]