SubjectRe: MSM6281 support was: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support
Hello.

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 23:33, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Wed 2009-06-10 23:28:39, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 of June 2009 23:08:36 Brian Swetland wrote:

> > > We only have documentation, support, and permission to do work on 7k
> > > and 8k family devices at this point. I don't know anything about the
> > > 6k family, and how similar (or not) the shared memory interface would
> > > be, so unfortunately I can't provide much help there.
> >
> > Palm Pre apparently uses MSM68xx as a baseband chip, otherwise is omap3 based.
> > The device is out, selling, but I haven't seen any kernel patches from them
> > yet. I hope they release them in a few weeks (even though they should have
> > been out already).
>
> If you can get your hands on Palm Pre, it should come with
> GPL-required sources or offer for source code... if it does not, talk
> to Harald Welte (gpl-violations.org)....

They have the licence inside and offer source on request on the letter. I wrote
them a mail some hours ago and they state that all source will be on
http://opensource.palm.com/ within two weeks.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

  Last update: 2009-06-11 00:13    [W:0.184 / U:0.248 seconds]