    SubjectRe: 3com 3crxjk10075 with ath5k driver
    On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 04:39:12PM -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:
    > [CCed ath5k-devel]
    >
    > On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM, William
    > Thompson<wt@electro-mechanical.com> wrote:
    > > This card has the "xjack" antennae which is supposed to disable the radio (I
    > > thought it was in hardware, but it's not) when it is not extended. ?The
    > > madwifi driver (Last time I actually used this card with it) did disable the
    > > radio (Or refused packets, not sure which).
    >
    > Huh, I wonder how that works. Is disabling the radio an advertised feature?
    > i.e. as opposed to just not working because the antenna is in?

    I'm not sure if it was advertised that way, but according to 3com's site:
    3Com-patented XJACK antenna design extends for use and retracts for safe
    transport and to conserve power; no need to remove the PC Card from the
    notebook while traveling

    Sounds like it was intended that way.

    > > The kernel ath5k driver (last tested 2.6.29.4) will work regardless if the
    > > antannae is in or out.
    >
    > I suppose it could be asserting something on rfkill gpios; ath5k hasn't had
    > real rfkill support yet. Anyone else know about these devices?

    It's possible. The LED on it goes off when it's pushed in. Which reminds
    me, I don't think the ath5k driver allows the LED to blink when it's
    transmitting/receiving, it just stays on.

      Last update: 2009-06-10 13:27    [W:0.022 / U:269.496 seconds]