SubjectRe: [regression, bisected] adb trackpad disappears after suspend to ram
Date
"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> writes:

>> > I suppose so :-) I'll have to check what's going on, it's not
>> > immediately clear to me.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Ben.

>> Here is a log from booting, through several suspend cycles, until the
>> trackpad disappeared. The first few suspends were done while X was
>> running but from the console. As you can tell from lines like
>> May 28 23:51:26 [kernel] adb devices: [2]: 2 c4 [3]: 3 1 [7]: 7 1f
>> the trackpad was still present. The last suspend was done from within X,
>> here the trackpad did not make it.
>> May 28 23:58:09 [kernel] adb devices: [2]: 2 c4 [7]: 7 1f
>> However, there have been cases, although not in this log, were the
>> trackpad has been alive even when suspending from within X.
>
> This means the problem is probably timing-related.
>
> Can you please try to comment out suspend_device_irqs() and
> resume_device_irqs() in drivers/base/power/main.c and see if that changes
> anything? It's not entirely safe (well, that's why the calls are there after
> all), but hopefully the box won't hang during this test.

Tried that against v2.6.30-rc7 and it seems to fix the issue. I did ~10
suspend-resume cycles from the console (which worked just like before)
and ~20 cycles from within X and the trackpad is still alive.

Best,
Jan Scholz

  Last update: 2009-06-01 15:47    [W:0.078 / U:0.112 seconds]