SubjectRe: rocket tty BUG in 2.6.29 (regression)
Date
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> On Fri, 08 May 2009 02:36:45 +0200
> Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> wrote:
>
>> 2.6.26 works fine in our terminal server machine, but after rebooting
>> it into 2.6.29 I got the following Oops when starting screen for a
>> ttyR serial device (after unloading and reloading the rocket module
>> while trying to get some udev rename rules right):
>
> So it works the first time around, then blos up the second ? Is this
> repeatable ?

No, I didn't say this. The first time I didn't even try, because our
software uses the persistent names, not /dev/ttyR*, but the udev
rename rules didn't fire. So I fixed the rules, removed and
reinserted the module, then started the console multiplexer, which
provoked the bugs (all 16). I don't think it has anything to do with
the issue, but wanted to explain the "last removed: rocket" part of
the log.

> In theory Ted is the maintainer for rocket but as I'm the one who last
> did any surgery on it this one may well be my bug.

Looks like Jiri has a handle on the problem, though. Once you
converge on a patch and need testing, tell me. I'm not in a hurry,
the current Debian stable kernel works OK, I tested 2.6.29 while
investigating an unrelated networking issue.
--
Thanks for the great support again,
Feri.

  Last update: 2009-05-08 16:37    [W:0.078 / U:0.152 seconds]