SubjectRe: [patch 1/5] oom: cleanup android low memory killer
On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 03:35:08PM -0700, David Rientjes wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2009, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > Are these the patches already in my tree?
> >
> > If so, David, just respin your patches against the linux-next tree and
> > resend them, that should be sufficient.
> >

> This patch in the series is really more of a convenience than anything
> else since it doesn't change anything functionally. I had to modify the
> lowmemorykiller later because there's a potential for a NULL pointer from
> dereferencing p->mm without holding task_lock(p) and also because I moved
> oomkilladj from struct task_struct to struct mm_struct.

Is this still the case on top of Arve's changes?

> The entire patchset is really based on the move of p->oomkilladj since it
> allows us to prevent an oom killer livelock when killing a task that
> shares memory with an OOM_DISABLE task. That change obviously has to go
> through Andrew but lowmemorykiller.c must be also be changed accordingly.
>
> I'd be fine with dropping my lowmemorykiller changes if they'd like to fix
> this up themselves. Otherwise, I need to know the path to which these get
> into the kernel.

Right now, people are still arguing that the android low memory driver
is not needed, but something is, yet no one has proposed a viable
solution for all parties :(

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2009-05-05 01:05    [W:0.079 / U:1.200 seconds]