    SubjectRe: [tip:perfcounters/core] perf_counter tools: Generate per command manpages (and pdf/html, etc.)

    * Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org> wrote:

    > > The .txt files were already present, so the patch is largely the
    > > infrastructure patch. The fixes to .txt files were minimal.
    >
    > We do not copy Git's .txt => {man/html/pdf} support only to
    > support perfcounters.
    >
    > Either perfcounters use the infrastructure already present or it
    > establish a parallel infrastrucutre we can start to migrate over
    > to.
    >
    > In an area where there is so little interest shown as in
    > documentation generation we do not want to have two different ways
    > to generate man pages, html etc.
    >
    > IMO the ascii doc support from git is superior to what we have
    > today so I am all for replacing the current stuff. But then we
    > should do is properly and not as some perfconuter only stuff.

    I still think you are misunderstanding it. It is a user-space
    tool(-set) with its own needs to install manpages and other
    documentation. Look at the code.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-05-30 19:25    [W:0.024 / U:31.264 seconds]