SubjectRE: Analyzed/Solved/Bisected: Booting 2.6.30-rc2-git7 very slow

> > Finally, today I built the ccsii driver into the kernel.
> It was previously modularized and loaded from initrd. The
> second "sysfs" line went away. But does this make cciss
> guilty? It is now loaded about 2 seconds earlier in the boot
> sequence, which is a big change in timing I guess.
> >
> > Enlighten me :-)
>
> No idea what is going on, but since I saw your May 20
> message, I have been trying to wake up someone whose day job
> it should be to care about dl380s and smartarrays. :)

What? I know Martin has pinged me in the past, but I do not think it was about this issue. If there's multiple sysfs entries for cciss I can't explain that offhand. We do little to nothing for sysfs in the driver.
Had something similiar happen recently where "/" changed to "!". Had do to with our nested directory structure, /dev/cciss/name vs /dev/name. But we did not make that change, either.

-- mikem

> If they don't react soon, I'll make this my own day job to
> try to reproduce it. We will need hardware config details
> and firmware revs to start.
>
> So I would not close the bug just yet.
>
> jim

  Last update: 2009-05-27 20:23    [W:0.079 / U:0.208 seconds]