    SubjectRe: [TuxOnIce-devel] [RFC] TuxOnIce
    Am Montag, 25. Mai 2009 14:32:28 schrieb Pavel Machek:
    > > I'm going to try to. Unfortunately, they'll require what's basically a
    > > group-up redesign of the basic algorithm, because to get maximum
    > > reliability, you need to carefully account for the amount of storage
    > > you're going to need and the amount of memory you have available, and
    > > 'prepare' the image prior to doing the atomic copy.
    > I don't quite get it; why is that needed?
    > If there's not enough swap available, swsusp should freeze, realize
    > there's no swap, unfreeze and continue. I do not see reliability
    > problem there.

    The software suspend may be a part of your response to an imminent
    power failure (UPS near empty). The number of retries available is possibly
    I'd feel safer if hibernation by default wrote to a dedicated partition,
    especially as modern practice is to make swap space smaller than RAM.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-05-25 15:25    [W:0.019 / U:0.708 seconds]