    SubjectRe: [BUG FIX] Make x86_32 uni-processor Atomic ops, Atomic
    Date
    On Sun May 24 2009, Harald Welte wrote:
    > On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 05:44:52AM -0500, Michael S. Zick wrote:
    >
    > > *) The HP-2133 MiniNote uses the cn896 chipset, which
    > > has not yet been released from NDA.
    >
    > I can see towards getting that changed, but I doubt this helps us with the
    > current problem.
    >
    > > I do not have the C7-M technical reference, it is still
    > > under NDA.
    >
    > I obviously have access to that documentation (which is also on its way
    > to become public, but needs more time) - but believe me, there is nothing
    > in that documentation that would help you to debug this problem :(
    >
    > > *But* if a developer on this list has a copy of the
    > > manual *and* owns one of these three brands of machine -
    > > they would have fixed their own machine a year ago.
    >
    > I actually own a 2133 mininote, but I rarely used it for anything but to test
    > openchrome on it. What do you suggest me to try?

    The HP-2133 (C7-M/CN896) did not fail yesterday.
    Find a C7-M/CX700 machine.

    You might hook the rss feed at:
    http://forum.netbookuser.com/viewforum.php?id=8
    where my rants/raves/speculations are logged and
    the other people helping me test make their comments.

    In particular:

    The original instructions (including download url):
    http://forum.netbookuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=6702#p6702

    Updated installation instructions:
    http://forum.netbookuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=907

    Also ignore anything you read in LKML that I have been doing
    this in secret - those authors just never got the memo. ;)

    > I also have some other systems with a C7-M, so I can certainly verify
    > certain code on a number of them, if a good testcase exists.

    Still working towards a specific test case - only thing at this
    point it the sledge hammer of putting the "lock" back in, everywhere.

    Mike

      Last update: 2009-05-24 14:51    [W:4.423 / U:0.040 seconds]