SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] xen /proc/mtrr implementation
Jesse Barnes wrote:
> This is really about what software Xen wants to support though. You
> can say, "it would be easier for you to just support new software that
> doesn't use MTRRs," and you might be right, but supporting older stuff
> doesn't appear that difficult, and it sounds like something they want
> to do.

My rough target is that you should be able to take a pvops-dom0 kernel
and use it to replace the 2.6.18-xen (or other patched up -xen) kernel
on an existing server installation without having to replace very much
(or anything) else. In practise that means making it work in something
like RHEL 5 or SLES 10(?) environment. That seems to be what at least
some of my testers are doing.

Of course, most of the deployments will be with whatever new distro
ships with the kernel. But that doesn't mean we can write-off the old
stuff. (I think AKPM still tests current kernels on something like FC1
or 2 to check for general kernel/distro regressions.)

  Last update: 2009-05-18 07:05    [W:0.146 / U:0.572 seconds]