    SubjectRe: [Security] [patch] random: make get_random_int() more random
    On Sat, 16 May 2009 09:28:16 -0500
    "Michael S. Zick" <lkml@morethan.org> wrote:

    > Still getting kernel messages that there isn't a test for the rng - -
    > One (of many) ways to test the quality is to submit a bit string
    > sample to the Berlekamp-Massey algorithm; perhaps from repeated calls
    > to the generation function (it depends on your desired confidence
    > level).

    or we bite the bullet and implement the Fortuna PRNG algorithm
    and feed it as much as we can, rather than caring if any if the sources
    is not 100.000% perfect.

    visit http://www.lesswatts.org

      Last update: 2009-05-16 17:01    [W:4.277 / U:0.012 seconds]