SubjectRe: patch related to SIGSEGV handling in multiple threads and hung threads
Sudarshan Soma wrote:
> Hi ,
> I have a program which will create multiple threads. One of the thread
> receives SIGSEGV and it prints stacktrace in its handler and calls
> _exit(-1). The call to exit wont terminate all threads in a process
> and hence thread hangs here. This causes resouce leaks and other
> problems. It is seen only on linux 2.4.20.
>
> For printing stacktrace it uses
> __builtin_return_address and __builtin_frame_address
>

> The same program works fine on linux 2.6.26 kernel. It will exit the
> whole process when one of its thread dies as above.
>

> Please let me know the patch details or any workaround, if any. This
> is a bit urgent, so please let me know for any pointers , if any
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Pavan.

That doesn't seem surprising, the old LinuxThreads thread implementation
normally used with the 2.4 kernels was pretty poor. However it would
likely be better to re-raise the signal rather than trying to exit out
of the signal handler.

  Last update: 2009-05-16 03:19    [W:0.234 / U:0.404 seconds]