    SubjectRe: unresponsiveness on linux desktop during file copy
    From
    On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Satish Eerpini <eerpini@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am trying to figure out why the Linux desktop becomes overly
    > unresponsive whenever there is a file copy going on, this happens to a
    > large extent with GUI based file copying, and some lesser, but with
    > command line copying too.
    > does it have anything to do with the kernel ??,
    > if it does help, then I am running Fedora 10 on a Hp nx 7400, Centrino
    > Duo processor.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Satish
    > --

    Quickly, is the system getting good hard drive performance overall?

    hdparm -tT /dev/sda

    or whatever device you are using. Maybe it's stuck in some sort of
    programmed IO or something very old?

    - Mark

      Last update: 2009-05-15 19:15    [W:0.018 / U:1.896 seconds]