    SubjectMisleading OOM messages

    While we are at it: Could we get rid of the name "Out of Memory" and stop
    printing texts to that effect? What we call an OOM is a failure to
    perform memory reclaim or we are running out of reserves due
    to not being able to run reclaim. Mostly this is due to OS internal issues
    having nothing to do actual amounts of memory available.

    I have seen scores of people put more memory into their boxes because
    they thought they did not have enough memory. Then there are those that
    lower ulimit values so that users cannot allocate so much memory.

      Last update: 2009-05-12 19:31    [W:3.358 / U:0.008 seconds]