    SubjectRe: [patch 06/11 -mmotm] oom: move oom_adj value from task_struct to mm_struct
    > > David, staging driver shold be standalone.
    > > Please don't change core kernel for staging.
    > >
    > > if you merge it into mainline, I suggest to you help the driver graduate
    > > staging.
    > >
    > Umm, all my patches apply fine against mainline since the Android
    > lowmemorykiller is already in Linus' tree. This patch moves oomkilladj
    > from struct task_struct to struct mm_struct and since that's used for
    > procfs, the oom killer, and the Android lowmemorykiller, I need to modify
    > all of them so the kernel will compile with

    From technical view, your explanation seems good although I haven't
    review your patch.
    but this patch break staging driver rule. I don't like it.

    IOW, if greg pull this patch into his staging tree, it might make
    patch conflict against -mm tree in nearly future.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-05-11 03:51    [W:0.022 / U:70.828 seconds]