Subjectkconfig: update-po-config broken in 2.6.29
hi,
in latest 2.6.29 "make update-po-config" fails at msguniq invocation
with an "invalid control sequence" error.
the offending string is the following, and it's located in
drivers/staging/panel/Kconfig:72:
"'\e[L' which are specific to the LCD, and a few ANSI codes. The"

looks to me like gettext expects strings in printf format, so in
this case it thinks "\e" is a control sequence but doesn't recognise
it as a valid one.

I can still obtain a suitable linux.pot file escaping the backslash,
and the resulting linux.mo file works even if the string is again
unescaped, but of course if I leave the escaped string it will be
displayed as-is (with a double backslash) if i run a configurator in
english, so it is not a valid solution for a patch.

Maybe a valid solution would be to tell kxgettext to automatically
escape this kind of strings in the */config.pot he produces, so that
msguniq would not complain?... I don't really know, and I don't even
know how to do it. I see there is an escape function right at the
top of kxgettext.c, but as I'm not a coder I don't really know how
to hack it, so it's up to you... sorry.

--
Massimo Maiurana massimo<at>ragusa.linux.it
http://massimo.solira.org GPG keyID #7044D601

Articolo 33 - [...]Enti e privati hanno il diritto di istituire
scuole ed istituti di educazione, senza oneri per lo Stato.[...]

  Last update: 2009-04-07 21:59    [W:0.103 / U:0.140 seconds]