    Subjectattempt to scan fails (device busy) if essid/ssid was changed recently
    Recently I was trying to reduce time it takes for wireless card to

    I noticed that always first attempt at scan fails when NM asks for scan.
    I also noticed that this happens with quite recent kernels (I think
    2,6.28) didn't have this behavior.

    Looking a bit deeper I discovered that each time NM disconnects from a
    networks it sets random ssid/essid to the card (using wireless

    After that scan fails for some time.

    as a NM free example you can run

    iwconfig wlan0 essid dummy
    iwlist scan

    and this will fail

    NM in this case waits for whole 10 seconds.

    What do you think about this?

    I confirm that on iwl3945 and ath5k, so this isn't driver specific.

    Best regards,
    Maxim Levitsky

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-07 02:03    [W:0.019 / U:1.920 seconds]