SubjectRe: 2.6.29: can't resume from suspend with DMAR (intel iommu) enabled
On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 18:59 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > > i have a Lenovo T500 that does not even boot with with DMAR enabled
> > > in the BIOS (it's default-off), i get this panic in early bootup:
> > >
> > > DMAR hardware is malfunctioning
> >
> > Can you show me the output of the pr_debug() statement at
> > dmar.c:543 (in alloc_iommu()?
>
> that's not easy - i use it right now :)
>
> That's another reason why warnings and non-panic() behavior are
> better for developers too. Had it not crashed i could have sent you
> my dmesg and i would not have turned off DMAR in the BIOS.
>
> Now it's turned off in my BIOS (first barrier) and i need to reboot
> the kernel (second barrier) and i need to hack up a kernel in a
> certain way to produce debug info (third barrier) - in the merge
> window (fourth barrier ;-).

If you manage to get a chance to do this after the merge window closes,
that would be much appreciated.

I have a T400 now, which will help with certain things (at least I have
a machine on which I can test suspend/resume). But I don't think I can
reproduce your panic on it.

Dirk reported the same panic, but we've just turned his iommu back on
and completely failed to reproduce the problem -- so I'm kind of stuck.

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@intel.com Intel Corporation

  Last update: 2009-04-06 22:59    [W:0.074 / U:2.084 seconds]