    SubjectRe: 2.6.30-rc2 + xorg-intel-2.7.0 + DRM_I915_KMS = corruption
    On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 06:37:10 +0100
    Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker@bennee.com> wrote:

    > 2009/4/27 Florian Mickler <florian@mickler.org>:
    > > On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:27:35 +0100
    > > Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker@bennee.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Heading the warnings in the menuconfig I did try and ensure I have
    > >> all the up to date parts of user-space. With KMS enabled GDM
    > >> starts up but then corrupts the display with vertical lines.
    > >> Disabling the kernel config and everything starts up fine, UXA
    > >> acceleration seems OK and the speed of compiz is finally back up
    > >> to ~60fps thanks to the A17 fix.
    > >>
    > >> Am I missing another bit of user space for KMS to work properly?
    >
    > Apparently I was missing a key bit and had to enable fbdev from the
    > command line:
    >
    > kernel /kernel-2.6-drm root=/dev/sda2
    > video=intelfb:mode=1440x900-32@75,accel,hwcursor
    >
    > However I still saw the same corruption kick in when GDM started. I
    > couldn't switch mode either which kinda defeated the point.

    The above seems to indicate that you have some FB drivers built into
    your kernel; that will likely fail in weird ways. Try disabling all
    the FB drivers, but keep CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE enabled. Then when
    you load the i915 driver you should get a nice console.

      Last update: 2009-04-28 18:57    [W:0.059 / U:2.544 seconds]