SubjectRe: [git patches] Staging: rtxxx0: cleanup and "dumb" merge
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 05:59:20PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
> This patchset cleans up rt{286,287,307}0 drivers (66 KLOC removed) and then
> "dumb" (i.e. rt3070 shares code with rt2870 by including rt2870's .c files
> and depends on ifdefs to get the correct end result) merges them (142 KLOC
> removed). All in all 208 KLOC are gone and we now use the common code for
> all three Ralink drivers.

Were you able to test that this still works afterward?

> "dumb" merge is of course not the ideal solution but allows relatively easy
> verification, makes the eventual real merge much easier and in the meantime
> allows us to work with the common code for all drivers (since the initial
> merge these drivers already became slightly out-of-sync with each other).
> [ I know about rt2x00 project ( and I praise
> their efforts. However I still wanted to skim through the original code,
> mainly because I heard a lot of "interesting" things about it. ;) Then I
> started to clean it to make reading easier and before I knew it I ended up
> with this monster patchset... ]
> All changes are available in the following git tree (which is based on top
> of next-20090424):
> git:// rtsta-for-next
> [ I'm not sending individual patches to LKML (they are too big and there
> is too many of them) but if somebody prefers to get them by mail instead
> of grabbing them from git tree please just ping me. ]

I'll suck them in from the git tree, that's fine with me.

thanks again for doing this work, it is much appreciated.

greg k-h

 \ /
  Last update: 2009-04-26 20:45    [W:0.053 / U:0.124 seconds]