    SubjectRe: [git patches] Staging: rtxxx0: cleanup and "dumb" merge
    On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 05:59:20PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > This patchset cleans up rt{286,287,307}0 drivers (66 KLOC removed) and then
    > "dumb" (i.e. rt3070 shares code with rt2870 by including rt2870's .c files
    > and depends on ifdefs to get the correct end result) merges them (142 KLOC
    > removed). All in all 208 KLOC are gone and we now use the common code for
    > all three Ralink drivers.

    Wonderful!

    Were you able to test that this still works afterward?

    > "dumb" merge is of course not the ideal solution but allows relatively easy
    > verification, makes the eventual real merge much easier and in the meantime
    > allows us to work with the common code for all drivers (since the initial
    > merge these drivers already became slightly out-of-sync with each other).
    >
    > [ I know about rt2x00 project (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/) and I praise
    > their efforts. However I still wanted to skim through the original code,
    > mainly because I heard a lot of "interesting" things about it. ;) Then I
    > started to clean it to make reading easier and before I knew it I ended up
    > with this monster patchset... ]
    >

    > All changes are available in the following git tree (which is based on top
    > of next-20090424):
    >
    > git://git.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bart/misc.git rtsta-for-next
    >
    > [ I'm not sending individual patches to LKML (they are too big and there
    > is too many of them) but if somebody prefers to get them by mail instead
    > of grabbing them from git tree please just ping me. ]

    I'll suck them in from the git tree, that's fine with me.

    thanks again for doing this work, it is much appreciated.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2009-04-26 20:45    [W:0.023 / U:30.948 seconds]