    SubjectRe: [patch 1/2] slub: rename cpuslab_flush to cpu_slab_flush
    Hi David,

    On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM, David Rientjes <> wrote:
    > There is already a `cpu_slabs' file to display the number of cpu slabs,
    > so cpuslab_flush should follow this pattern.
    > The first documentation of this file will be in a subsequent patch that
    > adds Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-kernel-slab, so no stable guarantee
    > has been made that the name of this file would not change.

    I'm afraid I don't have enough asbestos in my underwear to try to
    sneak this one past Linus.

    A kernel ABI is an ABI even if it's not documented. Now, I wouldn't
    mind getting flamed if we actually gained something from the change.
    But just fixing a simple typo in sysfs files is not big enough a
    reason for me to merge the patch.

    That said, I love the second patch though and am more than happy to take it.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-23 21:45    [W:0.020 / U:3.176 seconds]