SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Btrfs changes for 2.6.30-rc
On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 09:29 -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The master branch of:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-unstable.git
>
> Has some fixes for oopsen and a cluster of bugs inside of one of the
> btree readahead functions.
>
> I also jumped on the fsync latency train for btrfs and switched over to
> WRITE_SYNC for the writes I was going to wait on.
>
> This is a bigger change in btrfs because I had to add a high priority
> list to the async helper threads, but it had a big impact on performance
> overall. Before, the writes we were waiting on would get stuck behind
> the less critical writes in the async helper threads, and now they pop
> out much faster.
>
> Average fsync latencies concurrent with a streaming writer went down
> from ~5 seconds (with longer peaks) to < 1 second.

Jens Axboe hit a bug in fallocate, I've pushed that fix out today as
well. Updated shortlog/diffstat:

Chris Mason (5):
Btrfs: use WRITE_SYNC for synchronous writes
Btrfs: add a priority queue to the async thread helpers
Btrfs: fix oops on page->mapping->host during writepage
Btrfs: use the right node in reada_for_balance
Btrfs: fix btrfs fallocate oops and deadlock

fs/btrfs/async-thread.c | 60 ++++++++++++++++++-----
fs/btrfs/async-thread.h | 2
fs/btrfs/ctree.c | 17 ++++--
fs/btrfs/disk-io.c | 9 ++-
fs/btrfs/file.c | 6 +-
fs/btrfs/inode.c | 36 ++++++++++---
fs/btrfs/ordered-data.c | 2
fs/btrfs/volumes.h | 13 ++++-

-chris

  Last update: 2009-04-22 00:39    [W:0.032 / U:0.776 seconds]