    SubjectRe: [GIT] kbuild
    On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 06:15:38AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
    > On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 06:45:51AM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
    >
    > > For kernel proper the use of -idirafter would be confusing.
    > > But for um alone we should be safe provided it is properly commented.
    >
    > Less than for all um - it's only for USER_OBJ there. It is special,
    > simply because for uml the counterpart of really low-level glue has
    > to talk to libc. So there we have separation into "normal kernel source"
    > and "userland code that uses userland headers, calls libc functions, etc."
    >
    > > I have already fixed um the obvious way for asm-offsets in my local tree.
    > > But if you prefer I can add a -dirafter based patch before the "move
    > > asm-offsets.h to incldue/generated" patch.
    >
    > I've dumped several header cleanup patches for uml into
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/um-header.git/
    > including the -idirafter, move of user_constants.h, etc.
    > Another fun thing: user.h used to be included directly by just about
    > every userland-side file. Switched it to -include user.h (for USER_CFLAGS,
    > of course - not for normal stuff), killed includes, got rid of shitloads
    > of kern_constants.h includes at the same time. At which point getting
    > rid of kern_constants.h became trivial.
    >
    > Up to Jeff's approval, obviously - *including* -idirafter patch.

    I have skimmed the patches - they all looked good to me.
    Everyting that cleans up arch/um/Makefile is good!

    I you respin them you can add my:

    Acked-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>

    The asm-offsets.h that um picks us is the one generated by um.
    So we still need to add a dummy file in arch/um/include/asm that
    only do:
    #include <generated/asm-offsets.h>

    I will do so in my patch-set.

    Sam

      Last update: 2009-04-20 10:25    [W:0.020 / U:61.312 seconds]