Subjectbond interface arp, vlan and trunk / network question
From
Hello list,

I've got a Problem with my bladecenter and bond interfaces.
My Server has 2 interface, each on a seperate switch. Each
serverinterface is connected via a trunk to one of the switches.
Each switch has a trunk to stacked-backbone switch.

nic1 --trunk--> bladesw1 --trunk--> backbone switch
nic2 --trunk--> bladesw2 --trunk--> backbone switch

So far vlan and trunking works as expected. But if one trunk
connection from a bladeswitch to the backbone switch is down the
mii-tool cant recognize this.
I tried to use an arp target on the backbone switch to check the
connection state.

Now i'm running into problems. :(
My bladesw1 is configured with a trunk and a private vlan id of 600.
On the backbone switch is a server in the vlan 600 connected, but i
can't get an arp request.

What can be the problem, or is it possible to add a vlan tag on the arp check?

thx for your help and sorry for my bad english...

Stefan

  Last update: 2009-04-20 19:53    [W:0.045 / U:0.496 seconds]