    SubjectRe: EXT4-ish "fixes" in UBIFS
    On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Christian Kujau <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Trenton D. Adams wrote:
    >> Oh, I should have clarified.  It improves performance under heavy
    >> load.  Under normal load, mounting without sync is fine.  What I tend
    >> to do is mount with "remount,rw,sync" when heavy load is starting.
    > Really? How does mounting with "-o sync" *improve* performance? I am
    > certainly aware that mounting with "-o sync" has severe performance
    > impacts, but was proposing it anyway *only* to tackle the data integrity
    > problem. However, I'm curious if usescaes in the embedded world are
    > equally affected by this.

    Oh, well for my system, if I do heavy IO, my *fsync* performance drops
    like a rock. fsync on even 1M takes 15-20 seconds at times. I have
    even seen 50 seconds. If I mount with sync option, the fsyncs of 1M
    take only a couple hundred milliseconds, while the other heavy IO is

      Last update: 2009-04-03 02:57    [W:0.029 / U:16.684 seconds]