SubjectRe: EXT4-ish "fixes" in UBIFS
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Trenton D. Adams wrote:
> Oh, I should have clarified. It improves performance under heavy
> load. Under normal load, mounting without sync is fine. What I tend
> to do is mount with "remount,rw,sync" when heavy load is starting.

Really? How does mounting with "-o sync" *improve* performance? I am
certainly aware that mounting with "-o sync" has severe performance
impacts, but was proposing it anyway *only* to tackle the data integrity
problem. However, I'm curious if usescaes in the embedded world are
equally affected by this.

> I'm thinking of writing a script that monitors performance, and
> remounts as needed, lol. WHAT A HACK. hehe.

Ugh....my brain hurts :-\

Christian.
--
Bruce Schneier once found three distinct natural number divisors of a prime
number.

  Last update: 2009-04-03 02:41    [W:0.064 / U:1.332 seconds]