    SubjectRe: EXT4-ish "fixes" in UBIFS
    On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Trenton D. Adams
    <> wrote:
    > On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Christian Kujau <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
    >>> They just say - this is file-system bug, it is fixed in
    >>> ext4 now, just fix the bug in UBIFS.
    >> Would *mounting* the filesystem with "-o sync" help? This way no
    >> filesystem "fixes" are needed and userland would not have to be rewritten.
    >> Christian.
    > Yes, mounting "-o sync" does improve ext3 performance.  It sucks
    > though, because I do want quick writes.  And mounting with sync option
    > slows down to disk io speeds.  In my case, that's between 20 and 23
    > megabytes per second *big frown, quivering lip, and tears in my eyes*.
    > :P

    Oh, I should have clarified. It improves performance under heavy
    load. Under normal load, mounting without sync is fine. What I tend
    to do is mount with "remount,rw,sync" when heavy load is starting.
    Then my system goes slowly, but latency is good. Then, when it's all
    done (say a big compile, or job, or whatever), I remount without sync

    I'm thinking of writing a script that monitors performance, and
    remounts as needed, lol. WHAT A HACK. hehe.

      Last update: 2009-04-03 02:31    [W:0.023 / U:63.560 seconds]