    SubjectRe: [RFC v2] virtio: add virtio-over-PCI driver
    On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM, David Hawkins <dwh@ovro.caltech.edu> wrote:
    > I'll let Ira update you on the patch status.
    >
    > If you want someone to chat about the hardware-level interaction,
    > feel free to chat off-list - assuming of course that no one wants
    > to hear us talk hardware :)
    >
    > I selected the MPC8349EA in-part due to its PCI mailboxes, so
    > that we could implement this type of driver (an interlocked
    > handshake for flow control of data transfers). The previous
    > chip I'd used was a PLX PCI9054 Master/Target, and it has
    > similar registers.
    >
    > I'm not sure if the Xilinx PCI core, or whatever PCI core you
    > are using, already has something like the mailboxes implemented,
    > but if not, it won't take much to code up some logic.
    > I prefer VHDL myself, but can speak Verilog if forced to :)

    Thanks David. I haven't looked closely at the xilinx pci data sheet
    yet, but I don't expect too many issues in this area. As you say, it
    won't take much to code it up. I'll be poking my VHDL engineer to
    make it do what I want it to. :-)

    I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

    g.

    --
    Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
    Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.

      Last update: 2009-04-14 23:49    [W:0.023 / U:0.496 seconds]