SubjectRe: Input driver for Twinhan USB 6253:0100 remote control
Date
On Tuesday 14 April 2009 09:14:48 Mark Lord wrote:
> Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > On Wednesday 08 April 2009 10:28:09 Mark Lord wrote:
> >> Dmitry,
> >>
> >> I briefly had access to a Twinhan remote control (for Mythtv et al.)
> >> and cobbled something together quickly to make it work.
> >>
> >> But I really don't understand the new hid/input stuff,
> >> so this is undoubtedly a total abomination to your eyes. :)
> >
> > Actually HID is Juri's baby so let's see what he says ;). From my POV
> > we need to update keymap to make it emit proper codes instead of Myth
> > specific ones, but that is a lesser issue.
>
> ..
>
> That's one thing I haven't figured out: how to make this compatible
> with the userspace intput-kbd interface for loading new key maps and stuff.

You will need to convert your patch into proper hid_driver and
implement drv->input_mapping() method instead of overriding emitted
events. Then, once HID core is aware about proper mapping, normal
EVIOCGKEYCODE/EVIOCSKEYCODE will work and will allow adjusting
keymap from user space.

I think if you take drivers/hid/hid-belkin.c as a template the
conversion will take you no time.

--
Dmitry

  Last update: 2009-04-14 18:49    [W:0.125 / U:0.584 seconds]