    SubjectRe: struct exception_table_entry
    On Thursday 09 April 2009, Michal Simek wrote:

    > I am doing some cleanup things in MB MMU kernel and I looked at
    > exception_table_entry structure.
    > Only alpha use different types among others. Some arch use only
    > different names and types int/long.
    > I think that this structure could be moved to any generic location ->
    > asm-generic/uaccess.h folder.
    > I think that this structure types should be acceptable for every archs?
    > #ifndef exception_table_entry
    > struct exception_table_entry {
    > unsigned long insn;
    > unsigned long fixup;
    > };
    > #endif
    > What do you think?

    Yes, sounds good to me. Have you tried using my generic version of
    uaccess.h on microblaze? It already contains a definition like this,
    though most of the header doesn't apply for MMU-based architectures.

    I suppose it can be improved a bit, but should do the basic job.

    Arnd <><

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-04-14 16:39    [W:0.023 / U:3.256 seconds]