    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] [2.6.30-rc1-git2 regressions] Hibernation broken and (minor but annoying) audio problem
    Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    >> Now that I've been able to scan most of my mail; it looks like the one-liner
    >> should just go in.
    >
    > Ok, I committed my one-liner, and then also reverted the ACPI battery
    > workaround of removing __init, since the one-liner should fix that too.
    >
    > Cc'ing the people involved with that commit, just so that they know to
    > test to make sure the alternate fix really did fix it for them (I'm pretty
    > sure it does, but still a good idea to verify or at least let people know
    > that a previous fix got reverted)

    longer term I would like to work on two things
    1) Fix the __init thing by just only freeing when appropriate, but not having to wait for it
    2) Find a way for userland to trigger a sync
    - for all storage probing
    - for just async work
    - "global sync", which includes all driver init
    We can then have insmod/modprobe use this always, unless a flag is set
    (so say, udev, can load a slew of modules, and then sync only on the last one)

    and then after a year or two we can maybe remove the sync from the module loader ;(

      Last update: 2009-04-11 22:15    [W:0.021 / U:30.224 seconds]